Here are some of the questions we are most frequently asked about intruder alarms. Please click on the link below for more information on our CCTV installation service.
Go To CCTV Page
Please email us if you have a query that is not answered here and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
1. What different types of alarms do J&L install?
J&L install wireless and hardwired alarm systems. Once we have conducted a site survey and discussed your requirements, we can then choose the best systems for you.
2. How long does the intruder alarm installation take?It varies on the size of the property but typically, a three bedroom house will take a day.
3. Will the work create a big mess?We try to minimise the disruption or inconvenience caused when we carry out an installation. Whilst drilling, we cover the floor with a sheet so your decoration won't be made dirty and once we have finished we sweep or vaccum up any dirt if necessary.
4. Can I set my intruder alarm at night?Yes, the alarm system will allow you to fully-set or part-set the system. So at night you can leave the ground floor set and the first floor unset to walk around.
5. Are J&L competitive on price?All our systems are competitively priced. However if you receive a like for like quote from an alternative SSAIB/NSI accredited company then please contact us to see if we can price match.
6. What guarantee does J&L offer?Any un-interfered component related issues within the first 30 days will be replaced free of charge. All products have a 12 months manufacturer's warranty and the call out will be applicable to the product installed and whether a maintenance contract is in place.
7. What is a monitored intruder/fire alarm?A monitored alarm system is connected to our 24Hour UK Manned call centre which upon an activation of the intruder or fire alarm act on the instructions provided. For example, this could be to call the nominated key holders or the local Police/Fire department (depending on the service selected).
8. Is it possible to have alarms which are not monitored?Yes, you can have an alarm system fitted which has no monitoring and you are solely in control of it.
9. Are alarms easy to use?The alarms we install are very user friendly. In most cases a 4 digit pin will set and unset the system. A user guide is provided and we are here to help, so you can call us if you have any issues.
10. Are your alarms pet friendly?We can install pet-friendly sensors if you have a cat or dog. This will allow your pet to move in front of the PIR without the alarm being triggered. Please inform us prior to installation.
11. Does the Mobile and CCTV App work if I’m abroad?Yes, provided the system in question has internet access and your mobile device does you will be able to access the system remotely.
12. What colour are the cameras available in?Most of the camera range we install are available in black or white.
13. I purchased an alarm system online, can you install it?No we only supply and install products to maintain a high standard.
14. I have an existing intruder alarm system for my business can you add a monitoring option to this?Yes, we can depending on the system installed.
15. Do you work on ADT alarms?No, sorry we do not but we would be happy to disconnect the alarm for you.
16. Do you install Grade A, LD2 fire alarms?Yes, we install all types of Grade A and Grade D fire alarm systems, please call us to discuss your requirements further
Home Intruder Alarms Greater London|Home Intruder Alarms West London|Home Intruder Alarms Central London|Home Intruder Alarms East London| Home Intruder Alarms Ilford|Home Intruder Alarms Seven Kings|Home Intruder Alarms Goodmayes|Home Intruder Alarms Barking|Home Intruder Alarms Wanstead|Home Intruder Alarms Loughton|Home Intruder Alarms Chigwell|Home Intruder Alarms Woodford|Home Intruder Alarms Redbridge|Home Intruder Alarms Leyton|Home Intruder Alarms Buckhurst Hill|Home Intruder Alarms Epping|Home Intruder Alarms Wickford|Home Intruder Alarms Hornchurch|Home Intruder Alarms Emerson Park|Home Intruder Alarms Ruislip|Home Intruder Alarms Slough|Home Intruder Alarms Iver.